Friday, November 21, 2008

Meri Maa

While I was sitting and thinking what to write on, I eyes went on my mother who even while I am typing is right here sleeping in front of me. She is visiting me for 3days and will be gone on Monday . I shall remain behind missing her. Truly said because God can not be everywhere he made mothers. She is an ocean of love – unconditional love. I make no such statements as my mother is the best as I understand all mothers are the same for their kids. For each child their mother is special and for them no one else can replace that image.
My mother though surely has given me her best. Despite coming from a rich academic background she decided to be the homemaker and be the backbone of her rising husband and an inspiration to her 2 daughters. She has immense tolerance and can endure any amount of pain on her own self to keep us happy.High on spirituality she beams with confidence and inner peace and content at all times.
As a child I have always taken her for granted, probably we all do only to realize the greatness of this soul when we move out of the house. Her happiness, her sorrow, all her thrills in life revolve around us. She stands as the pillar of our house. Very brave, very practical, a great mentor and an awesome friend of mine now. We talk for long hours every day (on phone!) Dad often wonders if we discuss international politics with so much interest every day!
I love her and I pray to God to always keep her in the best of health and happiness.
It’s the same me who as a child could not think of a better sentense to make with the word "Mother" than “My mother is fat” and it’s the same me dedicating this blog to her today for she truly is my friend, philosopher and guide – She is my mother.

1 comment:

Mahesh Sivan said...

i get a feeling that you watched Dus Vidaniya just before penning this blog.Great ! Wish your parents a lovely and healthy future. They are blessed to have daughter like you.